Tuesday, November 3, 2009

MEWSday-I'm gonna soak up the sun...

This is the baby of our 8GR8CATS- Pride
Soaking up the sun from high atop the sunflower PURRch

His beautiful red fur glistening like spun gold in the sunshine!

He looks quite pleased with himself paws crossed PURRoPURRly!



Daylight
See the dew on the sunflower
And a rose that is fading...
Roses whither away
Like the sunflower
I yearn to turn my face to the dawn...
I am waiting for the day.

Touch me
It's so easy to leave me
All alone with the memories
Of my days in the sun...
If you touch me
You'll understand what happiness is...
Look a new day has begun...





8 comments:

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

You have given me a great idea! I too have a condo right by the window and I too have sunlight. Thanks for the idea. I will soak up the rays as you. You looke so restful and deep in tought I hope I didn't bother you by stopping by.

Lisa Kolosey said...

What beautiful pictures of Pride! I just love crossed paws too!! And that's one of my favorite songs of yesteryear. Enjoy the sun!
~Lisa Co9T

CCL Wendy said...

Great poetry to go with the awesome sun pictures! Pride is just awash with all the sunlight pouring in! Now all he needs is a pair of shades! His future's so bright, you know.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post with even more levely photos! Pride sure is a gorgeous ginger kittie!!!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh that looks like a perfect place to perch and enjoy the sun! How lucky you are!!!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Pride os so beautiful in teh sunshine.

Everycat said...

Gosh Pride, you are made of sunshine yourself! Look at you, all leonine and glowing so beautifully. Fine poetry too :)

Whicky

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Ohhhh, so elegant and regal!!