Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers' Day- JOY to all!

Happy Mothers' Day from our Momma Joy and her belly fluffs!

Joy understands the challenges and the joys of motherhood. 

I give and I give and I give to my son!

He's still single and living home...

But he is my Pride and I am his Joy... 

9 years ago... May 2002

Pride & Joy


There once was a Momma cat named Joy.
Pride was her sweet red kitty boy.
Joy had a rainbow in her fur.
Pride's sunset red came straight from her.
Joy loved her baby boy named Pride.
She'd call him when he'd run and hide.
"Oh! Pride, my darling kitten dear...
Come to Momma Joy, Come here!"
I'll give you Momma's special milk.
I'll lick your fur as smooth as silk.
Joy taught Pride to play so nice.
Joy brought Pride little furry mice.
Sometimes Momma Joy would scold.
"My little Pride, you're much too bold!"
Joy's little Pride grew and grew
Like all big Maine Coon kittens do.
Joy loved her Pride like no other
Joy said, "I'll always be your mother."
Pride loved his lovely Momma Joy
Pride said, "I'll always be your boy."
"The others may all go away,
but by your side I'll always stay."
Pride said, "Momma Joy I'll leave you never...
and we'll be Pride and Joy forever!"


9 comments:

Mr Puddy said...

Lovely Photos and Lovely Poem
I hope you guys have a great day with your mommy.
Happy Mother's Day !!!!
xoxo

meowmeowmans said...

What a special post! Thos ephotos are wonderful, and we enjoyed the poem, too.

Happy Mother's Day!

Katnip Lounge said...

Awwww! What a sweet post. We're wishing your HuMom a Happy Mommy Day from MomKat Trish and the crew at the Katnip Lounge!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers!

Anonymous said...

Loved the poem and pictures. Happy Mother's day! You two are just so gorgeous...did we say you are gorgeous...oh, yes you are just gorgeous! Hugs and nose kisses

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Awwww look at that floof!!!! Her eyes are simply exquisite!
Loved your poem as well!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Happy Mother's Day! Lovely poem!

Karen and Gerard said...

Beautiful cats, beautiful poem!

CCL Wendy said...

What a sweet poem! And certainly befitting your mother and son, who have indeed brought you so much Pride and Joy!

Joy certainly has one of the floofiest bellies I've ever seen.